Thursday, June 14, 2007

some more record scans

June 14th 2007

Here are pictures of a few of the records I found on my last trip to Cotonou in May '07

45s:



This 45 here is one of my favorite finds ever. It sounds at least as cool as it looks! I would have never thought I'd find an African record that brings to mind the MC5 but that's just what happened, not shit! I will definitely feature it one on the next mix but it might take a while since I'm going to leave for Europe and the US next week.


LPs:


5 comments:

jon said...

Wild! Can't wait to hear some of those on future mixes. Glad you extricated yourself from that dodgy situation. maybe you should be more careful?!
Stay in one piece.
Jon

cheers chris said...

ufff those pictures are killing me ....

killingkillingkilling me ....
need to contact you while your here in berlin, was at rec-store in brunnenstr. asked for you .....

cheers c.

Frank said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ken Hoyt said...

Hey, I found your blog through (I think) a blog called Excavated Shellac. I just wanted to say that I'm really intrigued by both the music you post and your stories.

I was just curious:

What is day to day life like for you in Guinea? Do you spend all time looking for records, or what else is fun to do?

Also, just curious, what made you choose Guinea as your new home?

Frank said...

Hi Ken,

thanx for digging my blog.
My wife received a job offer for a positiion here in Conakry. I always wanted to go to Africa so we didn't have to think long about this. My day to day life is pretty much whatever I feel like doing. Whenever I'm not out looking for records, I scout the local markets for African fabrics with wild psychedelic prints, entertain friends who are visiting, cook food for our three dogs (imported dogfood is prohibitively expensive) or experiment with various concoctions of tropical fruit and cuban rum. It's not all fun and games though, life around here has its ups and downs. More on that in my next post...