Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Guinea up - server down

March 6th 2007

The situation in Guinea took a dramatic and unsuspected turn for the better. A new prime minister, chosen by the unions was nominated. The curfew and the state of emergency were lifted and the strike was suspended and I have returned to Conakry last Sunday.

Unfortunately, the server that hosts the mp3 mixes has crashed. Things should be up and running again within a few days.*

Next week, I'm leaving for another record hunt to Benin and I promise to have a new mix up and running as soon as possible. All records that I had at our house here in Guinea were shipped to Berlin when the bullets started to fly a couple of weeks ago so now I have to find all brandnew stuff before I can put together any further mixes...

*THANX TO OUR FRIEND RAINER ALL MP3 MIXES ARE UP AND RUNNING AGAIN!

( I just arrived in Cotonou yesterday, already found some insane records and the next 10days promise to be very, very good... -found a pressing plant with lots of old stock... )

No comments: